1. It's about time we showed Europe that the US can be equally as fashionable.
2. If she can oversee Vogue with catty supermodels and diva-like photographers (don't get me started on the writers) she can smooth over any riff between any country.
3. Managing to put out a September issue of Vogue HAS to be more difficult than anything some government job could throw at you.
4. She already knows everyone important over there, i.e.: Jean Paul Gautier, John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood, etc.
5. She needs to move on so that I can take over her job as EIC of Vogue.
Reasons I could / should be the next Anna Wintour:
1. I also love big sunglasses.
2. I'm not opposed to getting my hair cut in a page boy style.
3. I am a work-a-holic and don't mind going over designs and such at all hours.
4. I'm good at bossing people around.
5. I already write... and have been published. I know publishing. Sort of.
and most importantly...
6. I love getting free stuff... and I would DIE to get free clothes, purses and shoes.
See! It all works out perfectly.
Vogue - Call me.